OLYMPIA PRESS BUILDING
The home of Olympic Rental and Landlord Services is located in the James Martin Warehouse—designed by Joseph Wohleb and built in 1922. This warehouse later became part of the former Olympia Press Building, also designed by Joseph Wohleb, and built in 1930.
Our design intent in Phase 1 of this tenant improvement project was to uncover the building’s historic character and expose basic building elements of board formed concrete, lattice wood trusses, heavy timber framing, and steel beams. With windows currently only on the north façade, reactivating the skylight openings was critical to providing daylight into a long, narrow space. These recently completed improvements set the stage for future first floor and mezzanine level expansion. The design intent of Phase 2 is to provide a light touch, and allow daylighting and the historic character of the building to steal the show.